Mother - She is the person who loves you all through your life without asking for anything in return. Mother , Ma, Mom, Mummy, Mamma - these are all different words but raise the same feeling in your heart every time you say it. Today is my Ma's birthday. This post is dedicated to her.
My Ma is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in life. Whatever I am today I owe it to her.I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. She is an independent woman who has the ability to balance her work and personal life smoothly. All through my childhood she never let us feel she was busy or did not have time for us. Somehow she managed to find time for her family. I cherish each and every moment I have spent with her. She is the best mother in the world.
She has sacrificed a lot for us, for her family. "Ma if you are reading this I just want to wish you a very Happy Birthday. I want you to know that me and Arnab love you more than anything else on earth. Thanks for everything you did for us. We love you."
On my birthday she used to bake a lovely cake every year without fail. I am not very good at baking so today I tried making some Prawn curry for her. Prawns are her favourite. So I just thought of sharing the recipe with you guys.
- Medium sized Prawns (10-12)
- Coconut milk (1 cup)
- Bay Leaves (2)
- Green Chilli (2-3)
- Salt (Acc to taste)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Onion paste (1 tbsp)
- Cinnamon (1 stick)
- Turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- Sunflower Oil (2 tbsp)
- Marinate the prawns with 1 tsp salt for about 1/2 an hour.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the prawns till they are cooked on both sides. drain on paper towel.
- In the same oil left in the wok add bay leaves and cinnamon.
- When it leaves a nice smell add in the onion paste, slit green chilli and turmeric powder.
- When the onion turns golden brown add coconut milk and prawns.
- Add salt and sugar and bring to boil.
- Serve hot with white rice. :)
This is my entry for :
WTML at Sizzling Veggies which is originally Gayathri's event
Srav's Culinary Concept:Mom's Recipe