Monday 27 February 2012

Rui Do Pyaza - Another Fish Curry



I am  a true bengali as far as love for fish is concerned. I love "FISH", any kind, any preparation.
Today I had thought of preparing Chicken Do Pyaza as a side dish for lunch. It was very late when I realized there is no chicken in my freezer. So I ended up preparing Rui Do Pyaza.It turned out really well.
So I am sharing it with you guys.

Ingredients :

- Fish (2 pieces)
- Mustard Oil (1 cup)
- Dry Red chilli (2 in number)
- Bay Leaves(2 in number)
- Ginger paste (1 tsp)
- Garlic Paste (1 tsp)
- Onion Paste (2 tsp)
- Cinnamon Pieces (2 )
- Turmeric powder(2 tbsp)
- Coriander powder ( 1 tsp)
- Cumin Powder(1 tsp)
- Salt (according to taste)
- Sugar (according to taste)
- Onions(1 Julienned )
- Black Pepper Powder ( 1/2 tsp)
- Green chilli (1 chopped)
- Tomato (1 chopped)
- Garam Masala Powder(1 pinch)


Method:

- Marinate the fish with turmeric powder and salt for about 30-40 min.
- Heat oil in  a wok for deep frying the fish.
- When the oil is hot add the fish and fry till it turns brown.Take them off and keep aside.
- To the same oil add the cinnamon sticks and Bay leaves. When they begin to splutter add onion paste and fry till it turns translucent.
- Add tomato and stir cook till tomatoes soften. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute for few seconds. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin & coriander powder, salt & sugar. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile, in another pan, fry the julienned onions till they change color to brown.
- Into the gravy, slide in the fried fish pieces. Sprinkle a pinch of garam masala powder & black pepper powder on top. Add the fried julienned onions. Stir in to mix.Serve hot with white rice.

Trust me this tastes too good and is a must try for all fish lovers.

9 comments:

  1. This is a lovely Curry, I will have to try it out, the color is just stunning, I am sure so is the taste

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try it out and let me know how it was :)

      Delete
    2. OMG.. i just now visited your blog... these words of appreciation were coming from a Chef :) u made my day :)

      Delete
  2. Your lunch sure sounds way better than what I had. Nice fish recipe, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u r always welcome... i'll keep posting many more fish recipes for you guys :)

      Delete
  3. This curry sounds very nice, and not only because there's fish in it. Defnitely going to try this some time!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice space with some very unique recipes! Glad to follow you :) Do drop by my space sometime. Would love to hear from you. Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete