Friday 10 February 2012

Thai Green Curry Chicken


I had no idea that Thai food tasted so good before I tasted Thai green curry and Red curry.
This is of course Thai green curry (my version).
I don't really know when this dish became a regular in my kitchen. Me and my hubby just love this dish.
I came to know about this recipe from my sister in law. It is pretty similar to bengali cuisine as you add coconut milk and sugar while preparing it.
This is for Payel, my friend who tasted it once at my place and has been asking for the recipe ever since on fb.So here you go..

Ingredients :

 For the green curry :
- Green chilli (2-3)
- Lemongrass
- Coriander Seeds (2 tsp)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Fish Sauce (3 tbsp)
- Sunfllower oil (3 tbsp)
- Kaffir lime leaves (2-3)
- Salt (acc to taste)
- Sugar (acc to taste)
- White Vinegar (2-3 tsp)
- Lime juice (2-3 tsp)

Add all this in a mixer grinder , add water and prepare the paste

OR

Get the paste from any supermarket (like I do some times)


For the Chicken preparation :
- Coconut Milk (1 cup)
- Onion (1/2 ground to paste)
- Olive oil (2 tbsp)
- Green chillies (1 slit)
- Small Brinjals / Aubergines (2-3)
- Salt (acc to taste)
- Sugar (acc to taste)
 

Method:

- Marinate the chicken with salt and onion paste for about 1 hour.
- Add olive oil in a pan. Pan fry the chicken and aubergines. I avoid aubergines(brinjal) as my husband simply hates them.
- Add the green curry to it and stir for about 3 mins.
- When the chicken is fully cooked add sugar and the coconut milk.
- Add a little water if you want and let it boil.
- Serve hot with white rice.

:) :) :) :)

This is my entry for Spotlight Continental

No comments:

Post a Comment