Bongs simply love to eat.... and we being bongs always have an interest in cooking and eating new things.
Now don't ask me what is a Bong.
Bongs are a group of Bengali Human beings. In this world of dot com and call centers we prefer to call ourselves Bong instead of a Bangali. Staple diet of a bong is bhat, machh bhaja, alu posto with dal. But we love eating all sorts of dishes... A bong can eat anything that is edible. So you can consider yourself partly a Bong if you love eating all sorts of things.:)
If you are a Bong definitely try this recipe for lunch on a holiday as it will take some time to be ready.
- Basmati Rice (1.5 cups)
- Beans (10 chopped)
- Carrots (2 chopped)
- Capsicum (1 chopped)
- Prawns (Small 10-15)
- Cashews (10)
- Onion (1 large chopped)
- Sunflower Oil (3 tbsp)
- Fried Rice Sauce / Soy sauce (4 tbsp)
- Boil the basmati rice so that the rice is half cooked. Make sure the rice is not overcooked or else it will tend to be sticky.
- Once the rice is cooked put it in fridge for 2-3 hours. It is best to use one day old rice in order to avoid the stickiness.
- Put some oil in a wok and fry the prawns, cashews and all other veggies separately. These are fried separately so that they retain their own distinct flavour.
- Once all the veggies are fried put rest of the oil in the wok and add cinnamon sticks and green chillies to it.
- When they splutter add all the veggies and some fried rice sauce. You can also replace fried rice sauce with soy sauce.
- Now add the rice to it and mix well. When the rice is cooked add the fried prawns.
- Your mixed fried rice is ready to be served hot with a chinese side dish of your choice.
Happy Cooking guys... :)