Yesterday I had a strong craving for Chinese and prepared some Veg Manchurian for dinner. Vegetable manchurian is an Indo Chinese dish that is nothing but fried vegetable balls in Soy Sauce.
So here is the recipe for all of you :
For the vegetable balls :
- Finely chopped Cabbage, capsicum, carrots, onions, green chilli ( 2 cups)
- Maida/All purpose Flour ( 3 tbsp)
- Cornflour ( 1 tbsp)
- Salt (Acc to taste)
- Garlic (2 pods finely chopped)
- Ginger (1/2 tbsp grated)
- Oil (for deep frying)
For the sauce:
- Garlic finely chopped (3 pods)
- Ginger grated (2 tsp)
- Green chilli (2)
- Capsicum (1 cut into squares)
- Sugar (1 tsp)
- Maida(1 tbsp)
- Soy sauce (2 tbsp)
- Tomato Sauce (1 tbsp)
- Water (2 cups)
- Mix all the ingredients except oil for the balls in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Make balls from the veg mixture and deep fry the balls till brown.
- Do not add water while making the balls. Water that comes out of the veggies is enough for binding the veggies together.
- Now for the sauce in a pan add the oil.
- When oil is hot add garlic, ginger and green chilli.
- Saute in medium flame for a minute and add sugar to it.
- Now mix the water to maida and add to the saucepan.
- Add little salt if required and let it come to a boil and let the sauce thicken.
- Add tomato sauce and soy sauce and add in the fried balls.
Serve hot with a bowl of rice.
Now coming to mistakes again. By mistake in this dish I had added an extra tbsp of soy sauce and that is the reason the colour is so dark. Although the taste was good the look of the dish was not that attractive. So when you are preparing the dish make sure you add just the required amount of soy sauce so that the veg manchurian looks good too... :)