Hello Friends!! I am here after quite some time.. was bit busy wid work.
Today I have decided to share with you a sandwich recipe which is very easy to make and makes a great breakfast on a weekday when you are in a hurry to leave for work.I don't know why but I always leave for work in a hurry as I am always late. I have a habit of packing lunch and taking to office everyday. Not only because eating out everyday is not good for health but also the food at my office canteen is horrible. You can't eat a single thing there.... even the sight of food there will leave you feeling sick... its full of oil and red in colour. I had lunch there once and ended up having severe heartburn. That was the day when I decided I am not going to eat canteen food no matter what!!! In the morning when my gas oven is occupied with the lunch dishes it is convenient to prepare something in the microwave or the sandwich maker for breakfast. I got this sandwich maker as a gift from my husband's friends during our marriage and I really feel blessed that I have one of these.
- Boiled Eggs (1)
- Cucumber - (1/2)
- Tomatoes (1)
- Capsicum (1/2)
- Tomato sauce (2 tbsp)
- BlackPepper powder(1 pinch)
- Grated cheese (1/2 cup)
- Grated carrots (1/2 cup)
- Cut the boiled egg, capsicum, tomatoes, cucumber in your choice of shapes. Make sure the slices are pretty thin.
- Take a slice of bread.
- Put all the veggies and the egg over the slice. Add the tomato sauce.
- Now add the grated carrots and cheese, sprinkle some black pepper powder and put another bread slice on top of it.
- Now put it in the sandwich maker for grilling.
- After it is grilled take it out and cut it diagonally into two halves.
Your sandwich is ready. Have it at home or on your way to office like I do. :)
This goes off to Sumee's Culinary Bites Breakfast Ideas and Lets Make Sandwich Event at Simply Food and Cook Click and Devour.