Shubho Nababarsha to all of you my friends. Today is bengali new year. According to traditions I should be making some sweets today but that did not happen. I am not keeping well and was admitted to the hospital entire night yesterday. I had prepared this easy paneer makhni dish few days back. So had no other choice but post this paneer dish to wish all of you a happy and prosperous new year. :)
As for today I could not celebrate with good food and only had to eat all boiled stuff due to my health conditions. :(
This recipe is from the recipe book which I have got with my microwave. I never thought of giving it a try as I was not pretty sure about how it would actually taste. It was awesome, even better than what is served in the restaurants and takes only half an hour to be ready to serve.
- Paneer (200 grams cut into cubes)
- Tomatoes (5 chopped)
- Chopped Ginger (1 tsp)'
- Butter (2 tbsp)
- Oil (1 tbsp)
- Green cardamoms (2 crushed)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp)
- Salt (acc to taste)
- Garam Masala (1/2 tsp)
- Red chilli powder (1/2 tsp)
- Tomato Ketchup (1 tsp)
- Cashewnuts (5-6)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Kasoori Methi powder (2 tsp)
- Cream (1/2 cup)
- Soak the cashewnuts in milk for 30 mins and then grind to paste.
- In a deep dish cover and microwave tomatoes, ginger and 1/2 cup water for 5 mins.Let it cool and puree in a mixer.
- Microwave butter, oil and elaichi for 2 mins. Add salt, sugar and red chilli powder and garam masala.Mix.
- Add fresh tomato puree and tomato ketchup. Mix very well. Microwave covered for 4 mins. Stir once and microwave uncovered for 4 mins again.
- Add cashewnut paste and Kasoori methi. Mix well and add half cups of water. Microwave for 3 mins.
- Add paneer. Add enough cream to get a thick red gravy. Microwave 2 mins and serve.
This tastes superb when served with roti. :)
This goes off to :
Vegetarian side dishes at Zesty Pallette and Priya's easy and tasty recipes
at Saras kitchen and Sizzling Tastebuds
Microwave Easy cooking event at Nalini's Kitchen