Monday 13 November 2023

Thai Green Fish Curry



A regular from my kitchen, this curry is almost addictive My daughter just loves this curry. This is very easy to prepare and I will be very surprised if she does not look for this recipe when she grows up.
I have been following the same recipe for a while now. I have posted the chicken version of this Thai curry a while back (Thai Chicken Curry) The ingredients for the paste are the same and I have just replaced chicken with Basa fillets (cut into cubes). Let me give you the ingredients quickly.

Ingredients:
For the green curry paste:- 
- Green chilli (2-3)
- Lemongrass 1-2 pods
- Coriander Seeds (2 tsp)
- Garlic (4-5 cloves)
- Fish Sauce (3 tbsp)
- Kaffir lime leaves (2-3)
- Salt (acc to taste)
- Sugar (acc to taste)
- Galangal (a small cube). Can replace with ginger if galangal is not available.

For the fish preparation :
- Coconut Cream (I used Ayam brand 300 ml)
- Basa Fish fillets - 3 cut into cubes
- Green chillies (1 slit)
- A handful of Brown mushrooms - cut into halves
- Broccoli - a cup of florets
- Green Beans a handful - Remove the edges and the string
- Carrots - 1 cup (feel free to skip this. Its not green and is not traditionally added to green curry. My daughter loves carrots, hence they are added to everything.)
- Any white oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt (acc to taste)
- Sugar (acc to taste)




Method:
- Add all the green curry ingredients into the mixer jar and make a fine paste. 
You can make the paste ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I generally make it on weekends and store it in the fridge for dinner on weekdays.
- Add oil in a pan. Fry all the veggies.
- Add the green curry to it and stir for about 3 mins.
- When the veggies and curry paste is fully cooked add sugar, salt and the coconut milk.
- Add a little water if you want and let it boil.
- Serve hot with white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment